Convicts and Captains
Students take the roles of convicts and captains in the First Fleet in our interactive incursion.
Students dress in character and adventure through the path of the First Fleet ships, making difficult decisions along the way. They participate in interactive activities with costumes and props to experience life as a convict in Australia. They work as convicts to build the new settlement and they enjoy recreation time, playing traditional convict games.
Students get hands-on with Australian symbols and emblems as they examine their importance and explore the reasons for European settlement in Australia.
Each student will receive a take-home convict souvenir from the incursion.
Booking this incursion includes assessment rubrics, follow-up resources, lessons plans, and professional development certificates for all attending teachers.
Suitable for Year 3 to Year 6
✔ Historical Concepts and Skills
✔ Historical Knowledge
✔ Year 3 to Year 6
"Convicts and Captains was a fantastic hands on and engaging incursion. The students were able to share their learning and had a lot of fun along the way."
Katie, St Mary's Primary School
- The ideal location for the incursion is an indoor hall or a large, unfurnished double classroom.
- We require access to the incursion location 30-60 minutes before the start time.
- We request to be in one location for the day as setup can take some time.
- Linked Incursions provides all other necessary resources.
- Group sizes are limited to a maximum of 40 students.
- The incursion runs for 80 to 90 minutes.
- Teachers are responsible for supervision of students at all times.
- Please see our pricing page for the cost of this incursion.