Journey with us to discover what makes Australia, Australia!
Students investigate immigration to Australia throughout history and today. They learn the reasons why people immigrate to Australia from other countries, and they understand the contributions immigrants have made to Australian society.
Students participate in hands-on activities to explore the concept of global citizenship and they examine international responses to refugees. They learn the rights and responsibilities of Australian citizenship and appreciate the diverse and multicultural make-up of Australian society.
Booking this incursion includes assessment rubrics, follow-up resources, lessons plans, and professional development certificates for all attending teachers.
Suitable for Year 5 and Year 6
✔ Civics and Citizenship
✔ Year 5 and Year 6
"A very insightful and hands on incursion. The kids loved it and learnt lots!"
Laura, St Thomas More Primary School
"Daniel was fantastic with the students! It was incredibly engaging. Students were able to consolidate and extend their understanding of immigration."
Megan, Kororoit Creek Primary School
- We require a large, unfurnished indoor area in which to run the incursion.
- We require access to the incursion location 30-60 minutes before the start time.
- We request to be in one location for the day as setup can take some time.
- Group sizes are limited to a maximum of 35 students.
- The incursion runs for 80 to 90 minutes.
- Linked Incursions provides all necessary resources.
- Teachers are responsible for supervision of students at all times.
- Please see our pricing page for the cost of this incursion.