Test your business skills and master the market to win in our economics and finance incursion.
Students explore the differences between needs and wants. They encounter opportunity cost and trade-off situations and learn about the personal and societal benefits of work and trading.
Students participate in interactive games in which they purchase, produce and sell materials and goods to investigate the role supply, demand and government have in setting market prices.
Booking this incursion includes assessment rubrics, follow-up resources, lessons plans, and professional development certificates for all attending teachers.
Suitable for Year 5 and Year 6.
This incursion can be adapted for various year groups. Please contact us for more information.
✔ Economics and Business
✔ Civics and Citizenship
✔ Personal and Social Capability
✔ Year 5 and Year 6
"An engaging, curriculum aligned and interactive incursion for our year 5 students. The 90 minute session allowed the students to develop deeper understandings, ask questions and work in teams to explore economic concepts. Thank you for the enjoyable session!"
Louise, Teacher, Kent Park Primary School
“I had to go to work to earn my money. Then I spent $500 on shopping, mortgage, bills, medical expenses and tax.” Life’s tough in the real world!"
“I learned that it’s hard to persuade people to buy your stuff. It’s very competitive”.
- We require a large, unfurnished indoor area in which to run the incursion.
- We require access to the incursion location 30-60 minutes before the start time.
- We request to be in one location for the day as setup can take some time.
- Linked Incursions provides all other necessary resources.
- Group sizes are limited to a maximum of 40 students.
- The incursion runs for 80 to 90 minutes.
- Teachers are responsible for supervision of students at all times.
- Please see our pricing page for the cost of this incursion.