Immigration is currently in the news. Your students are surely hearing a lot of information on the topic.
Our Immigration Journeys school incursion gives students the facts.
Students work collaboratively in small groups to solve puzzles and play games all about immigration.
We focus on:
- The benefits of immigration to Australian society.
- The reasons why people immigrate to Australia.
- Success stories of famous Australian immigrants.
- Which countries refugees come from and where they go to.
- What it means to be an Australian citizen.
If this sounds important, that's because it is! And just to be sure, it's all throughout the Victorian Curriculum too. Our Immigration Journeys incursion links to the History, Geography and Civics and Citizenship Learning Areas, as well as Intercultural Capability.
Check out these pictures of some of the activities your students participate in.
Empower your students.
For more information, see our Immigration Journeys incursion page.
Linked Incursions Team