Parliament Process & Parliament Process: Experts Incursions
The best incursion option for fully immersing your students in Australian democracy: two incursions at a discounted price.
In Parliament Process, students learn the foundations of democracy. They participate in an interactive federal election voting role play and they engage in a House of Representatives debate to illustrate how bills become laws.
In Parliament Process: Experts, students consolidate and extend their understanding of Australian democracy. They participate in a hands-on federal referendum vote and a Senate debate role play that examines the process of reviewing bills.
Booking this incursion package includes assessment rubrics, follow-up resources, lessons plans, and professional development certificates for all attending teachers.
Suitable for Year 4 to Year 8
These incursions can be adapted for various year groups. Please contact us for more information.
✔ Civics and Citizenship
✔ Ethical Capability
✔ Year 4 to Year 8
- Each incursion must run on separate days.
- We require a large, unfurnished indoor area in which to run the incursions.
- One chair per student is required for these incursions.
- We request access to a digital screen (TV, IWB etc).
- We require access to the incursion location 30-60 minutes before the start time.
- We request to be in one location on each day as setup can take some time.
- Linked Incursions provides all other necessary resources.
- Group sizes are limited to a maximum of 40 students.
- Each incursion runs for 70 to 90 minutes.
- Teachers are responsible for supervision of students at all times.
- Please see our pricing page for the cost of this incursion package.
- We recommend students in Year 3 and 4 participate in our Democracy, Community and Me incursion.