Fully immerse your students in federal parliament, government and democracy in our interactive incursion.
Students examine the democratic process in Australia. They learn the roles of the three levels of government and how the Australian federal parliament relates to the Westminster system.
Students engage in an interactive federal election and learn about preferential voting and absolute majorities. They participate in a federal parliament role play, with costumes and props, to illustrate how bills become laws. Students form political parties and add their own opinions to the debate, allowing their creativity to flourish.
Booking this incursion includes assessment rubrics, follow-up resources, lessons plans, and professional development certificates for all attending teachers.
We recommend students in Years 3 and 4 participate in our Democracy, Community and Me incursion.
Suitable for Year 5 and Year 6
This incursion can be adapted for various year groups. Please contact us for more information.
✔ Civics and Citizenship
✔ Ethical Capability
✔ Year 5 and Year 6
"What a perfect experience for our students! The incursion was really engaging, enjoyable and educational."
Amanda, Billanook Primary School
"...An excellent incursion. The students were engaged and enjoyed every aspect of what was presented. The facilitator of the incursion was excellent and well received by the staff and students in Grade 4. We will be booking this again next year..."
Frank, Sydenham Hillside Primary School
"Parliament Process gave students a great insight to the democracy that shapes our nation and some of its inner workings. Excellent value for both money and time."
Peter, Findon Primary School
"The children were engaged and were buzzing when they came back to the classroom."
Laurie, Bacchus Marsh Primary School
- We require a large, unfurnished indoor area in which to run the incursion.
- One chair per student is required for this incursion.
- We request access to a digital screen (TV, IWB etc).
- We require access to the incursion location 30-60 minutes before the start time.
- We request to be in one location for the day as setup can take some time.
- Linked Incursions provides all other necessary resources.
- Group sizes are limited to a maximum of 40 students.
- The incursion runs for 80 to 90 minutes.
- Teachers are responsible for supervision of students at all times.
- Please see our pricing page for the cost of this incursion.
- We recommend packaging this incursion with Parliament Process: Experts. Please see our Parliament Package page for more information.
- We recommend students in Year 3 and 4 participate in our Democracy, Community and Me incursion.