Victorian Curriculum Links
Civics and Citizenship
Citizenship, Diversity and Identity
- VCCCC014: Identify who can be an Australian citizen and describe the rights, responsibilities and shared values of Australian citizenship and explore ways citizens can participate in society.
- VCCCC015: Identify different points of view on a contemporary issue relating to democracy and citizenship.
- VCCCC017: Examine the concept of global citizenship.
Historical Concepts and Skills
- VCHHC087: Explain the significance of an event and an individual or group that influenced change in the Australian colonies and in Australian society since Federation.
- VCHHK096: Significant contributions of individuals and groups, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and migrants, to changing Australian society.
- VCHHK095: The stories and perspectives of people who migrated to Australia, including from one Asian country, and the reasons they migrated.
- VCHHK091: The causes and the reasons why people migrated to Australia from Europe and Asia, and the perspectives, experiences and contributions of a particular migrant group within a colony.
Geographical Concepts and Skills
- VCGGC085: Describe and explain the diverse characteristics of places in different locations from local to global scales.
- VCGGC087: Describe and explain interconnections within places and between places, and the effects of these interconnections.