Parliament Process & Parliament Process: Experts Incursions
The best incursion option for fully immersing your students in Australian democracy: two incursions at a discounted price.
In Parliament Process, students learn the foundations of democracy. They participate in an interactive federal election voting role play and they engage in a House of Representatives debate to illustrate how bills become laws.
In Parliament Process: Experts, students consolidate and extend their understanding of Australian democracy. They participate in a hands-on federal referendum vote and a Senate debate role play that examines the process of reviewing bills.
Booking this incursion package includes assessment rubrics, follow-up resources, lessons plans, and professional development certificates for all attending teachers.
Suitable for Year 5 to Year 8
These incursions can be adapted for various year groups. Please contact us for more information.
✔ Civics and Citizenship
✔ Ethical Capability
✔ Year 5 to Year 8
"The students were engaged and it catered to each individual. The whole incursion from start to finish was planned and executed extremely well. Our first experience will not be our last. Would definitely recommend to all schools."
Derryn, Holy Name Primary School
"The students loved it and the follow up assessment we have done from our unit has shown that the content they learnt in the incursions has really stuck with them...It was fantastic!"
Sarah, Solway Primary School
- Each incursion must run on separate days.
- We require a large, unfurnished indoor area in which to run the incursions.
- One chair per student is required for these incursions.
- We request access to a digital screen (TV, IWB etc).
- We require access to the incursion location 30-60 minutes before the start time.
- We request to be in one location on each day as setup can take some time.
- Linked Incursions provides all other necessary resources.
- Group sizes are limited to a maximum of 40 students.
- Each incursion runs for 70 to 90 minutes.
- Teachers are responsible for supervision of students at all times.
- Please see our pricing page for the cost of this incursion package.
- We recommend students in Year 3 and 4 participate in our Democracy, Community and Me incursion.