Democracy, Community and Me
Victorian Curriculum Links
Year 3 and 4
Civics and Citizenship
Government and Democracy
- VCCCG001: Identify features of government and law and describe key democratic values.
- VCCCG002: Identify how and why decisions are made democratically in communities.
- VCCCG003: Explain the roles of local government and some familiar services provided at the local level.
Laws and Citizenship
- .VCCCL004: Explain how and why people make rules.
- VCCCL005: Distinguish between rules and laws and discuss why rules and laws are important.
Citizenship, Diversity and Identity
- VCCCC006: Investigate why and how people participate within communities and cultural and social groups.
- VCCCC007: Describe the different cultural, religious and/or social groups to which they and others in the community may belong.
- VCECU004: Explore the contested meaning of concepts including fairness and harm and how they can seem to differ in different situations.
- VCECU005: Explore the extent to which particular acts might be regarded by different people as good or bad, right or wrong, better or worse, and explain why.
Decision Making and Actions
- VCECD008: Discuss the role of personal values and dispositions in ethical decision-making and actions.
Speaking and Listening
- VCELA271: Understand that successful cooperation with others depends on shared use of social conventions, including turn-taking patterns, and forms of address that vary according to the degree of formality in social situations.
- VCELY275: Listen to and contribute to conversations and discussions to share information and ideas and negotiate in collaborative situations and use interaction skills, including active listening and clear, coherent communications.
- VCELY276: Plan and deliver short presentations, providing some key details in logical sequence, using appropriate tone, pace, pitch and volume.
- VCELA304: Understand that social interactions influence the way people engage with ideas and respond to others.
- VCELY307: Interpret ideas and information in spoken texts and listen for key points in order to carry out tasks and use information to share and extend ideas and use interaction skills.
- VCELY308: Plan, rehearse and deliver presentations incorporating learned content and taking into account the particular audiences and purposes such as informative, persuasive and imaginative, including multimodal elements.