Parliament Process: Experts
Delve deep into Australian government and democracy in our Parliament Process: Experts incursion.
Students further examine the democratic process in Australia. They learn about the Australian Constitution, the voting procedure for federal referendums and the role of the Senate in Australian democracy.
Students engage in an interactive federal referendum vote in which they learn about double majorities and proportional representation. They participate in a Senate role play, with costumes and props, to illustrate how bills that have passed the House of Representatives are examined and reviewed in the Senate before becoming laws. Students represent major, minor and independent parties and express their opinions in an open debate.
Booking this incursion includes assessment rubrics, follow-up resources, lessons plans, and professional development certificates for all attending teachers.
We recommend students in Year 3 and 4 participate in our Democracy, Community and Me incursion.
Suitable for Year 5 to Year 8
This incursion can be adapted for various year groups. Please contact us for more information.
✔ Civics and Citizenship
✔ Ethical Capability
✔ Year 5 to Year 8
"The students loved it and the follow up assessment we have done from our unit has shown that the content they learnt in the incursions has really stuck with them...It was fantastic!"
Sarah, Solway Primary School
- We require a large, unfurnished indoor area in which to run the incursion.
- One chair per student is required for this incursion.
- We request access to a digital screen (TV, IWB etc).
- We require access to the incursion location 30-60 minutes before the start time.
- We request to be in one location for the day as setup can take some time.
- Linked Incursions provides all other necessary resources.
- Group sizes are limited to a maximum of 40 students.
- The incursion runs for 70 to 90 minutes.
- Teachers are responsible for supervision of students at all times.
- Please see our pricing page for the cost of this incursion.
- This incursion can be packaged with Parliament Process. Please see our Parliament Package page for more information.
- We recommend students in Year 3 and 4 participate in our Democracy, Community and Me incursion.